Parasites have been around since human existence and you will never escape them completely. Humans are hosts to millions and millions of varying microorganisms including parasites, yeasts and bacteria. These microorganisms are living within you for a good reason, and in fact, some parasites are actually beneficial to your health (though definitely not all).
Parasites can be either microscopic, or be very clear to the eye depending on their size – which yes, can be quite frightening! Parasites are living creatures, with feelings and a willingness to survive, thrive and live a fabulous life. They choose a host carefully, usually one with a weakened immune system or heavy metal toxicity, that is highly stressed, has low stomach acid, or is nutrient deficient.
I have had many clients release parasites after working on their gut health.
Whilst it can be daunting and rather frightening, after releasing a parasite it is also worth doing a little happy dance because you have got rid of something that was causing you many unpleasant symptoms!
Once these parasites are released – which can take time – energy returns, hormones balance, libido is enhanced, and much more.
What Are Parasites Capable Of?
Parasites, unfortunately, can manipulate our thought patterns to allow them to live more easily and thrive. They have the power to alter some of our neurotransmitters to make us feel certain emotions and act in certain ways. They also steal your nutrients, which is why some individuals can have unexplained nutrient deficiencies like iron and zinc, for example.
Symptoms of parasites include:
- Stomach pain
- Joint pain
- Headaches and/or migraines
- Skin rashes
- A foggy mind
- Sugar cravings
- Mental instability such as anxiety, depression, OCD, schizophrenia and so on
- Some autoimmune diseases.
How Do You Know If You Have a Parasite and How Do You Treat Them?
It is best to take a stool test to find out exactly what parasite/s you are dealing with (if any). A comprehensive stool test will cost you, but it is worth it. Through a comprehensive stool test you can also find out whether you have the correct balance of beneficial microbes, and if there is any yeast or bacterial overgrowth.
If you currently have a parasite, the natural anti-parasitic herbs below can help. You will need to use these in high doses and be monitored by a practitioner to ensure you are using the right product carefully. You or your practitioner may also want to consider other powerful herbs such as black cumin seed oil, black walnut, wormwood and barberry. However, to gently begin warding off parasites, enhancing your immune system and ensuring you guard your temple against parasites, use these herbs regularly in your cooking and condiments:
- Garlic, fresh
- Ginger, fresh, dried and cooked
- Thyme, fresh or dried
- Clove, fresh or dried
- Oregano, fresh or dried
It is absolutely critical that you work with someone who knows what they are doing to treat the parasites. Parasites create biofilm and you need to break this down so that your immune system, anti-microbial agents (eg herbs) and nutrients can fight off the organism. Parasites produce many toxins as they are being eliminated and you must support this detox process carefully. However, once you do your first parasite cleanse properly, you will know how to do it in future if you feel symptoms of parasites resurface.
Some Top Tips To Implement Today:
- Cut out the main inflammatory foods – gluten and genetically modified corn and soy, for example
- Reduce your sugars and carbohydrates
- Eat fermented foods suited to your personal body through a stool test result
- Enjoy prebiotic foods once you have cleared an infection
- Always consider biofilm breakdown through a practitioner
- Increase your fat (coconut oil, ghee and other cold pressed plant oils)
- Increase your greens and overall vegetables and therefore fibre
- Consider organic
- Incorporate traditional food preparation and healing foods, like liver pate and broths
- Get outside, connect with nature and get dirty
- Have apple cider vinegar before meals
- Top up your nutrients by seeing if you have particular nutrient deficinecies
- Figure out the cause of your symptoms (emotional, heavy metal toxicity, water source, inflammatory food, stress, sugar consumption).
Have you ever had a parasite? What did you do to treat it and how did the process make you feel?
Years ago I was addicted to sugar, processed foods, was taking antihistamines like lollies and antibiotics were always a part of my life. I had ongoing gut pain, reoccurring sinus and chest infections, rashes, extreme fatigue, a foggy brain and the list continues. While suffering from these symptoms for almost all my life, not one person told me that there was something I could do to resolve them. After studying and doing my own extensive research, I became fanatical about nutrition and the power of food, and my health is the best it has ever been and will only continue to improve. I am constantly learning and relaying the latest research to my clients. I have a specific interest in gut health and its ability to impact our overall health, and it is with great pleasure that I assist you in becoming the best version of you with real, delicious and nourishing food, love and happiness. Find out more at www.sheridanjoy.com
Latest posts by Sheridan Austin
- How to Boost Your Brain Health Naturally - October 16, 2018
- Why Probiotics are Beneficial for Gut Health - September 25, 2018
- Why You Might Have a Dairy Intolerance and What You Can Do About it - September 7, 2018