So I was asked to write 10 weight loss tips for Good Health Magazine, it was hard to confine everything into just ten points, though this is what I came up wit, and found most crucial.
1. Eat Real foods, stay away from anything that has more then a few ingredients, steer clear of all additives ( as two safe ones combined may not be that safe at all)
2. Read the Ingredients. If the ingredient label looks like a chemical laboratory listing then it is probably from a chemical laboratory and not from nature and probably not worth your health.
3. Avoid Wheat. Due to the 1970’s wheat hybridisation and the consequence of the changes to the wheat grain, if you take wheat and all it’s by products out of the diet you will consume 400 calories a day less and lose weight and gain health.
4. Enjoy Coconut Oil. Coconut Oil is a wonderful satiety food. When you feel like eating something sweet after a meal, take 1 TBS of coconut oil to curb that craving. Give it around 10 minutes to work, but it works a treat.
5. Stop worrying about the fat salt and sugar of a packaged food and concentrate on the ingredients. If the ingredients are real food then the fat, salt and sugar will work itself out. It is when the food has been manipulated to be low in sugar, fat or salt is when the problems to health and weight loss begin.
6. Make your own REAL chocolate. If you love chocolate and still want to maintain a healthy weight then make sure you eat the best. Chocolate should have only a couple of ingredients, cacao butter, cacao powder, cacao paste and a natural sugar. All other ingredients such as flavours, colours, soy lecithin create an unhealthy chocolate. But if nuts and fruit are added enjoy the splurge.
7. Mindful Movement is very important, take the stairs, park in the furtherest carpark so that you have to walk, try not to use any mechanical devises to save energy and time, but use the wonderful legs that you have.
8. Quality Sleep is very important, so make sure you get a good nights sleep, turn off or dim all bright screens and lights around 8.30pm and get the bodies evolutionary biorhythms working again. The amount of darkness in your life is just as important as sunlight for Vitamin D.
9. Listen to the whispers of your body that soon turn into screams. Know what foods create inflammation and what foods create health. Individuals do differ, and when you know what foods cause inflammation (stomach upset, aches pains, disease, weight gain overnight etc) and you avoid these foods, then the body begins to lose weight instinctively and magically.
10. Become informed and educated about food, don’t be cajoled by advertising and marketing, it is merely there to sell a product not necessarily the truth. Find a good website or social media page where healthy discussion is the main topic, such as my website or Facebook page; www.changinghabits.com.au or www.facebook.com/changinghabits
There are also amazing results gained from the 21 day healthy weight loss challenge, 4 Phase Fat Elimination Protocol, Hunter Gatherer Protocol. To obtain any of these, go to www.changinghabits.com.au