So, you’ve begun The Fat Loss Protocol and have been fat loading for the past 2 days. You’re ready to begin the next phase and are so excited to embrace the new healthy you…Then disaster strikes. Day 2 on Phase 2 and you cannot lift your head from the pillow and you feel like you have been hit by a train!
How can this be? You are now eating healthy food – you never felt like this when you ate your way through 2 bags of potato chips and a block of chocolate or downed a can of soft drink – how can healthy food make you feel so bad?!
Generally speaking, if this is your first round, the very food that you ate during Phase 1 could be inflammatory to you. Couple this with all those years of eating highly processed (imitation) food, sugar, wheat, dairy, chemicals, additives, preservatives, etc, and our body is going to go through a stage of withdrawal where it needs to work hard to eliminate all those toxins.
Initially you may have some pretty uncomfortable reactions like headaches/migraines, fatigue, joint pain, sinus, skin rashes, nausea, cramps, brain fog, constipation and hunger. You may get frustrated and want to give up thinking that the protocol may be too difficult for you, but what you are experiencing is perfectly normal.
The good news is that this will not last forever. Our body is going through a process of releasing toxins, which have been stored in our cells. IT IS ACTUALLY A GOOD THING – not a bad thing.
Think of it as your body getting an upgrade – removing all the old, unwanted excess that has been slowing things down, causing operational glitches and errors. In order for our upgrade to happen, our body needs to go through changes to improve on a cellular level.
So just hang in tight – allow your body to remove those toxins that have haunted the old you and get ready to begin the upgrade. Let the transition to your new real food diet (free from additives, flavourings and modified packaged foods) begin and watch as the healthier version of you starts to emerge.
How To Cope With Detox Symptoms
Although this phase doesn’t last long, detox symptoms can be draining. Here are a few things that may help during this time:
- Pre-prepare some wholesome nourishing meals. Keep the food simple and don’t over season or have too many flavour punches at this time – bone broths and soups are perfect.
- Package protein serves into weighed portions of 100g so they are ready to cook.
- Cut and measure all allowed veg into individual portions.
- Ensure you are drinking at least 2-3 litres of still, filtered water per day to assist with detoxification and elimination.
- Ensure you are having 1/8 teaspoon of Seaweed Salt per 500ml of water.
Get Things Moving
- If you are constipated, psyllium husk, black coffee, papaya, some herbal teas and having an Epsom salt bath or using magnesium oil may help.
Support Your Body
- Assist your body in eliminating the toxins by taking the recommended Changing Habits supplements – try doubling the Supreme Green Blend and Colloidal Minerals during this time.
- Magnesium oil is wonderful for headaches, cramps and muscular pain. Read more here.
- Since everyone is different, it’s always advisable to seek the advice of your chosen health professional at any time to eliminate any doubts, fears, concerns, or worries you may have.
- In order for our body to heal we need to rest. Take as many naps as you can and ensure you are getting at least 8 hours of sleep at night – your body will detox as you sleep. If you are having trouble sleeping, try the meditation links provided via The Fat Loss Protocol online program.
Remember, that the detox process is a natural part of the protocol and means that it is working. You are HEALING your body. It may not feel like it initially, but you have begun the journey of recovery and are on the road to optimum health.
Share your experiences of detoxing in the comments below!
Changing Habits Protocol Coach